Grant Funded Programs
The Joining Forces Tuition Assistance Program was developed by The Academy of Clinical and Applied Psychoanalysis (ACAP), to provide administrators, health center workers, clinicians, teachers and anyone who works with vulnerable populations with greater accessibility to the opportunity to participate in ACAP’s programs through tuition assistance. The program has made ACAP a more diverse and community responsive psychoanalytic institute, linking our training directly to those who are interfacing with the most needy populations and sites.
Joining Forces (JF) originated through a partnership between the Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey and ACAP. The program has been funded by the Robert and Joan Dircks Foundation since 2009. Joining Forces tuition assistance is an up to half (50%) tuition grant award. The JF tuition assistance grant is applied towards any of ACAP programs with the exception of the Clinical Supervision Course.
- serves a socially, psychologically, cognitively, or medically vulnerable population;
- is enrolled in the one year program, ACAP’s conferences, TRS program or an ACAP certificate program course;
- is in the first three semesters of the ACAP certificate program.
- complete an application and registration form for the program of choice;
- become accepted, if required, and registered with the ACAP administrative office for the course;
- complete and submit a tuition assistance form documenting eligibility criteria to the tuition assistance committee
- pay the remaining balance towards the course before tuition assistance will be applied to the student’s account.